About Me

I started this blog at the urging of my AK friends to help relay my moving to WA. I'm hoping this blog will evolve into a place where I share my home-decorating/remodeling, craft projects, and adventures in dog-ownership.

Thanks for reading!!

Christina - wrangell.penguin@gmail.com

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Dog Poo Composting

Well, I just found the post before and had to copy it.  See how "trendy" my poo holes are.  Yes that is now plural holes,  the first one filled up in about 9 months.  We dug out the lid, dug a new hole (using that dirt to make sure the old hole was well filled.) And now are filling up Poo Hole #2, #2 is deeper and a little wider so will hopefully last at least 2 years.  We're at about 9 months right now with space to go.

The holes really don't smell, except the initial when you first open the lid, but it really stays inside. (Actually smells better then our non-poo compost bins).  We add septic powder every couple of month and it has been overall pretty succesful.   I definitely recommend this to anyone needing a dog poo containment system and you own your property.   If you have questions just email I will definitely try to help!!

No comments: